Selfless is an innovative online platform connecting charities, local community organisations, and other good causes with young people. Through our website we ensure that young adults with a passion, skill, qualification or interest in a particular area can connect with the right opportunities where they can be best utilised.
In volunteering, we believe that young adults have the opportunity to put their learning into practice in challenging conditions and benefit their communities. Additionally, they gain new skills, increase their self-confidence, and gain valuable experience that helps them to begin, and progress in, their careers.
We currently work 80 of the UK’s leading charities and have over 1000 volunteers.
Our ultimate vision is for Selfless to harness the enthusiasm and talents of young adults and through volunteering benefit young adults and their communities.
1. Support and promote benefits for young people
· Help young people 'be selfless' in ways which matter to them.
· Help young people apply and gain skills, increase their self-confidence, and gain valuable experience that helps them to begin, and progress in, their careers.
2. Support and promote benefits for charities, communities and good causes
· Help charities connect with volunteers who have a passion, skill, qualification or interest in a particular area and who can benefit their cause.
· Support charities, communities or causes who would otherwise struggle to access support (including volunteers) or publicity
3. Support and promote legacy from volunteering
· Drive insight from our platform to contribute to the discourse on volunteering and provide thought leadership to contribute appropriate insights to public policy debates