Selfless is a social enterprise supported by Big Issue Invest, Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity, Imperial College Health Partners, the Tropical Health & Education Trust, Public Health England and the Mayor of London’s Team London.
We believe that we can unlock the power of people through 'skillanthropy' to achieve quality healthcare for all.
What We Do
Harnessing the power of digital technology to provide effective healthcare solutions.
Facilitating skills-sharing and volunteering to enable better healthcare outcomes.
Supporting organisations with accessibility, widening participation and community engagement.
We’re currently recruiting 300 London Health Ambassadors for the Mayor of London’s Team London. We’re looking for London-based university students who are passionate about better healthcare for all and have some time to spare. Please complete the following form to help us match you with a volunteering opportunity - Click here
We’re considering applications for our global health volunteering scheme. If you would like to register your interest, please send us your CV here [please include your availability for 14 days in 2015].
Selfless are looking for an enthusiastic Head of Engagement to support them in growing their organisation.
The post-holder will be responsible for:
- Communications and engagement – including producing and executing a communications and engagement plan for Selfless; strategising and delivering social media activity and campaigns; and, attending events to raise the profile of Selfless and identify emerging opportunities.
- Sales and business development – including producing and executing a sales strategy for the two health-tech products currently under development by Selfless; identifying and supporting the commercialisation of existing Selfless activities; and, identifying and supporting new opportunities for commercially viable activity.
- Programme support - developing and executing effective engagement strategies in parallel with Selfless programmes.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Qualifications - 2:1 or above in a related degree subject.
- Skills and experience - evidence of a strong social media presence – in both a personal and professional context; involvement in campaigns, volunteering, charity work and social enterprise; and, strong communication skills – written and verbal.
- Personality - confident and effective in designing and delivering pitches; able to cope with pressure; strong values, with a particular interest in volunteering and healthcare; enthusiastic and willing to take on new challenges; committed; target-oriented; and, close attention to detail.
This is a six-month position but there is scope for a longer employment period, based on performance. Salary is £25,000 pro rata.
Please direct any questions to Hannah Thomson at email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 12:00 on 25/02/15. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview on a rolling basis and may be appointed ahead of closing date. Must be available for immediate start. Send applications, by way of CV and covering letter, to Hannah Thomson - firstname.lastname@example.org